|Full Time, Non-Exempt
Summary of Position
We are a building
envelope contractor looking to add an Estimator to join our growing team! This
position is responsible for cost estimates, coordinating bid documents, and
qualifying bids. We are looking for a motivated individual with an eye for
detail and the desire to work hard. We need an organized, adaptable person who
is willing to do whatever is necessary to help the team throughout the
construction process. The optimal candidate will drive hard for results and
have a vision to help us as we prepare for aggressive growth in other markets.
We are searching for a self-starter who gives 100% to deliver the best customer
service to our clients.
- Review construction documents and understand scope of work to bid.
- Qualify bids by reviewing project specifications and drawings.
- Perform take-offs and estimates for project bidding using ProEst estimating software.
- Manage appropriate communication between contractors, employees, and office support staff.
- Develop relationships with key desired Contractors to ensure quality project work in the future.
- Detail oriented to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate for all assigned projects including but not limited to: Submittals/Change Orders/RFI’s
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed plans and expectations so field personnel can easily follow and execute jobs efficiently.
- Track bid closing rates for assigned areas.
- Attend pre-install and progress meetings as required.
- Ensure compliance with all project specific safety requirements including any project specific safety plans or training needs to be completed.
- Educational background in construction estimating preferred or previous job experience in construction, estimating, reading blueprints, take-offs, etc.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, ProEst a plus)
- Ability to build trust and rapport with new customers, existing clients, and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly qualify bids, and analyze data to make recommendations on where we should geographically be focusing efforts.